September 15, 2011

You Gave Me Wings

A poem about me written by my oldest daughter.  She gave this to me as part of my Yule present last year.

You gave me wings and helped me fly.
Your soul flutters through my veins,
am I yours and you are mine.

Without you it is just a soggy jelly sandwich.
Where did that sneaky peanut butter go?
I need you, I want you, I love you.
I remember when you took me to Harkness beach
We sat on a rock and talked,
mother daughter wise.
You give me advice when ever I need it,
and correct me when I am wrong.
You're beautifull and perfect.
Your long silky hair dances when you brush it.
Your eyes when you smile make stars look dull
because your's twinkle so much.
Your Obsessive Holiday Decorating Disorder
or OHDD is good to have
because it makes the house look gorgeous.
You do the best you can to deal with my issues.
And at night you say "Goodnight buggy, I'll see you in the morning,
I love you."
Those are my favorite words in the world.
And, I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always
as long as I'm living my Mommy
you
will
be.
~Ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment