October 4, 2015

A better me

Last year in April I started my 5k training journey.  Since then I've run many 5ks, two 10ks, and two Warrior Dashes.  It's been a long and sometimes difficult journey.  I started this running journey with my sister and now my husband has joined us. I'm very competitive and hard on myself.  This often causes me to feel like I haven't done well in races.  I just have to remind myself that I've worked hard to get where I'm at.

I'm determined to get myself into better physical shape.

And my newest passion is yoga.



I started doing yoga videos with my youngest, Potato to help him with his flexibility and to relax at night.  We were enjoying it so much that I picked up some more videos to try different poses.  I got really into seeing my friends on Instagram doing yoga challenges.  I joined my first Yoga challenge this past May.  I got totally hooked on yoga.  It's so much fun!  It's so relaxing at the end of the day and invigorating at the beginning of the day.  It helps with my flexibility, strength, and of course physical shape.  I'm really enjoying pushing myself to try new harder poses.  My newest challenge for myself is headstands and handstands.
Me upside down in a headstand and a handstand
The headstands are coming along great.  I can now hold a headstand for about 3 seconds!!!  The handstands are a little bit harder because of my shoulder injury.  I have been using a wall to brace my feet on while building up strength during inversion.  I can get One foot of the wall now!!!




Yoga has also taught me that I am capable of so much more than I ever imagined.

My first attempt at Triangle pose and then 3 months later.

~Earthy Mom


Follow in my Yoga journey on Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment