Lunch is actually the hardest meal of the day. Ladybug sits at the nut-free table, so she can eat with her friend, who is allergic to peanuts. So we can the
- Soy-based faux meats - She loves the "turkey" and "pepperoni". We make sandwiches or grinders/subs
- Tomato soup - Her absolute favorite is when we add some rice, broccoli, and corn to the soup
- Mini bagels and cream cheese - mini bagels make the meal a little bit fun
- Leftovers - These often make the list. I've gotten pretty good at making vegetarian substitutes for meals. Good enough that she wants to have dinner for lunch.
- Breakfast for Lunch - packing some cereal is a nice treat.
Here are a few websites with vegetarian/vegan ideas and recipes.
Better Health USA
Enjoy trying out some yummy veggie meals!
~Your Earthy Mom