April 5, 2010

Weekly Thought: COMFORT ZONE

I used to have a comfort zone, where I knew I couldn’t fail.
The same four walls and busy work were really more like jail.
I long so much to do the things I’ve never done before.
But I stayed inside my comfort zone and paced the same old floor.
I said it didn’t matter that I wasn’t doing much.
I said I didn’t care for diamonds, furs and such.
I claimed to be so busy with the things inside the zone, but deep inside I longed for something special of my own.
I couldn’t let my life go by just watching others win.
I held my breath and stepped outside and let the change begin.
I took a step and with new strenght, I never felt before.
I kissed my comfort zone good-bye and closed and locked the door.
If you are in a comfort zone, afraid to venture out,
remember that all winners were at one time filled with doubt.
A step or two and word of praise can make your dreams come true.  Greet your future with a smile, success is there for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment