I stumbled upon this while doing some research. I had to re-post and share with all of you.
The purpose of this email is to educate, my friends and family, about the toxins in your home. I don’t think that most people are aware of toxins or how much they can affect your health.
* The air in your home can be up to 70 times more polluted than the outside air. Most people spend about 90% of their life inside.
* Between 1950 and 1990 lung cancer has increased 364% despite that smoking has declined every year since 1950.
* Turn of the century (1900) cancer rates were 1 in 50. Today about 1 in 3. Within the next several years it is expected to be 1 in 2.
* 2,983 chemicals in personal care products were analyzed. 884 caused cancer, 314 caused biological mutations, 218 caused reproductive complications, 778 caused acute toxicity, 148 caused tumors, 376 caused skin and eye irritations.
* EPA doesn’t require manufactures to put harmful chemicals or their harmful effects on the container. FDA can’t regulate a personal care product or require safety testing until after it is in the marketplace. They also can not recall harmful products from the marketplace.
* Some of the long term effects of using toxic products include allergies, asthma, birth defects, cancer, central nervous system damage ( MS and Alzheimer’s Disease), infertility, learning disorders ( A.D.D. and A.D.H.D.), and miscarriage. All of these are on the rise.
* The three ways chemicals enter our bodies are ingestion, absorption, and inhalation. Even if a product has a lid on it or has never been open we are still inhaling the toxins.
Here are some harmful chemicals found in store brands. Chlorine, Dioxin(Commonly known as Agent Orange. Exposure is a key factor in cancer and fertility issues), Phenols(linked to breast cancer, allergies, asthma, and A.D.H.D.), Lye, Bleach, Ammonia, Formaldehyde, and Phosphates.
Toxins can be found in air fresheners, window cleaner, all purpose cleaners, toilet bowl cleaners, dishwashing detergent, carpet shampoo, laundry detergent, fabric softener, shampoo, hair spray, bubble bath, mouthwash, toothpaste, cosmetics, perfume/cologne, and baby wipes just to name a few. All of the ingredients do not have to be listed on the container. The ones that are listed may be disguised by what is called a "trade name".
-Dove Beauty Bar has Quaternium 15 ( this is formaldehyde).
-Johnson’s Baby Shampoo also has Quaternium 15 and FD&C Red 40 (causes cancer).
-Crest Tarter Control Toothpaste has Saccharin which can cause cancer.
-Clorox has sodium hypochlorite (corrosive) and sensitizer this can be fatal if swallowed and is also an respitory irritant ( People with a heart condition or asthma be very careful).
-Cascade is corrosive (Test: Place a quarter size amount of liquid cascade on some tin foil and place over a bowl or sink let it sit for awhile and come back to see what happened.).
-409 & Fantastic ingredients damages central nervous system, kidney, liver, and damages blood and body’s ability to make blood. Listed as a pesticide.
-Lysol has dioxin, also know as agent orange, in it which causes cancer.
-Cheer & Tide are corrosive, cause cancer and can be a respiratory tract irritant. Powder Tide has fiberglass in it.
I have heard too many tragic stories of children and adults dying from toxic products. A three year old suffered and died after ingesting 3 ounces of hair conditioner. A seven month old crawled through a puddle of laundry bleach. It gave the baby 3rd degree burns on half of his body. The fumes burned his lungs. The baby suffered four days before dying.
For more information on toxins visit:
I hope you are all a little more aware of the toxins that are in the products you use everyday. When you use these products you not only effect yourself and family, but wildlife and the environment. Where do you think those toxins go after they go down the drain? What about the toxins we use on our lawns? There are safe natural alternatives available. They cost less and are more effective than what you have now. I set up customer accounts for one of these companies so if you want safe alternatives for you and your family please contact me. I want to help you get rid of the toxins. I encourage all of you to help others become educated on toxins. Please forward this to everyone you know and print it out for those without email.